Senior Law Clerk - Plaintiff Personal Injury
Application Deadline: May 5th, 2017
We have a position available for a full-time senior law clerk in our Plaintiff Personal Injury group.
This is a position with some autonomy and requires the prospective candidate to have familiarity with all aspects of plaintiff personal injury work including tort claims as well as accident benefits. The position requires communications with not only vulnerable clients but with health care providers and expert witnesses. The position involves a fair degree of file management in collaboration with the lawyer and other team members. The practice is focused upon providing not only excellent client service but relieving clients of the many burdens imposed upon them when they are injured. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment.
The main responsibilities of this role include both the tort and Accident Benefit work on all files:
- administrative tasks for Plaintiff Personal Injury files from open to close including contact between team and client;
- maintain an effective Bring Forward system;
- paper and electronic file maintenance in Document Management System/PrimaFact;
- request documentation from various healthcare providers, employers, educational facilities etc
- organize and summarize documentation;
- serve client productions/medical documents to Tort, Accident Benefits Adjuster and Rehab Team;
- maintain Statutory Accident Benefit files;
- communicate regularly with clients (and their family members), Accident Benefit adjusters, and our clients’ treatment providers;
- review OCF 18s before they are submitted, and maintain/update Accident Benefit status chart (internal chart used for tracking OCF 18s etc.);
- review examination for discovery transcripts and satisfy undertaking requests
- develop the income loss scenario
- retain experts;
- prepare for trial including notifying witnesses;
- prepare draft Request to Admit and Notices under the Evidence Act;
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
If you are interested please apply to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.