Opening for Conflict/File Opening Clerk
Application Deadline: September 29th, 2017
We have an opening for a full-time Conflict/File Opening Clerk.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
Matter Master Data-Entry
- Create finalized matters in the Matter Master data-base and prepare physical file.
Cold Calls, LiveChat & Online Submissions
- Obtain all the information from the potential client looking for representation;
- Assign to the appropriate lawyer from the Cold Call Rotation by Practice Area chart;
- Summarize potential matter and send email to assigned lawyer and any lawyers where there could be a conflict issue, include conflict search results.
- Conflicts/File Opening department begins the initial process of the creation/access & prohibit requests on privacy walls.
- Process conflict checks against client/matter database;
- Ensure all new client/matters do not create a conflict of interest;
- Conflict clearance e-mail requests.
- Process all new client and matter file opening requests;
- Ensure all the parties named on the file opening form have be conflict searched and spelled correctly;
- Ensure file opening form has the mandatory fields completed and entered correctly;
- Communicate with the lawyer/assistants to resolve any questions;
- Process file maintenance changes in Elite and Matter Master (i.e. address changes).
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Secondary School Diploma;
- Excellent keyboarding skills;
- Ability to multi-task and be well organized;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work, with critical thinking skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills displayed with a professional attitude;
- Ability to provide quick turnaround on urgent requests, while delivering accurate results
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Lerners LLP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you are interested please apply by September 29th, 2017 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office