Opening for Applications Trainer
Application Deadline: August 20th, 2018
Lerners, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For over eighty years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We are looking for an Applications Trainer to join our Information Technology team. The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of previous experience working within the Technology sector, be driven and able to work with minimal supervision. The Applications Trainer's role requires a client-oriented individual who will deliver training to end users at the firm on how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in support of our business objectives.
- Assist with the development and delivery of end user orientation and training programs
- Develop and distribute tip sheets, and FAQ lists as required to meet our business needs
- Assist in the development of the Training pages on the Intranet
- Coordinate and publish monthly training schedules in the Toronto office
- Work closely with the Help Desk to identify end user training requirements
- Provide input to and identify training requirements originating from new projects and departmental initiatives
- Maintain a catalogue of training modules and suited candidates
- Track training participation in the Toronto office
- Assist with the development and delivery of staff surveys and other forms of skills assessment
- Provide a variety of learning opportunities to the Toronto staff including: lunch and learns, one-on-one training sessions and group training sessions
- Serve as the first line of escalation of issues arising from the HELP emails where users require training services
- Deliver proactive floor support on firm supported applications
- Maintain proficiency in use of firm's standard desktop applications
- Develop, analyze and update training documentation
- Responsible for self-development through professional organization memberships, seminars/workshops or exposure to articles, and other information through industry press
- Assist in converting existing and new training programs/materials from instructor-led to a blended approach.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field
- College diploma or university degree in a computer-related discipline
- A thorough understanding, proficiency and experience in supporting the Microsoft Office Applications and document management systems.
- Prior experience in a law firm or other professional services organization would be a definite asset
- Proficiency with Windows desktop
- Knowledge of legal applications and services, including Case Logistix, iManage; Infoware;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with lawyers and staff in an effective, non-technical manner
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Experience in e-learning authoring tools would be an asset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Excellent customer service orientation
- A demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- The Applications Trainer reports to Manager, Information Technology
- Works according to standardized procedures and general work instructions
- Periodic checking by Manager of progress and results throughout work cycle
- Usually sets own priorities
- Gives technical direction to others
- Makes recommendations concerning progress of trainees
Interested applicants must submit their resume by e-mail to CareersToronto@lerners.ca by Monday August 20, 2018. Please use the subject line “Applications Trainer”. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our Toronto office, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416.867.3076.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination