Litigation and Construction Lien Law Clerk
Application Deadline: August 24th, 2017
We have an opportunity for a Litigation and Construction Lien Law Clerk with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Preparing Construction Liens and all notices to contractors, owners and mortgages;
- Drafting pleadings, motions and affidavits;
- Review of client documents and preparation of Affidavit of Documents;
- Reviewing transcripts and requesting undertakings;
- Trial preparation including preparation of Document Briefs;
- Scheduling witnesses, conducting witness interviews, and preparation of witness statements and briefs;
- Conducting corporate searches;
- Preparation of Power of Sale documents;
- Preparing Costs Outlines;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Maintaining an effective Bring Forward (BF) system;
- Maintaining the Construction Law Group Manual and Canadian Construction Document Committee (CCDC) forms.
Knowledge of Amicus and Caselogistix is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
If you are interested please apply by August 24, 2017 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519-672-4131, regarding accessibility in our London Office.