Legal assistant/law clerk position in real estate and land development group
Application Deadline: February 24th, 2017
We have an opportunity for a full-time Commercial Real Estate/Land Development Legal Assistant/Law Clerk to assist in our Real Estate and Land Development Group.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- preparing and managing documentation for commercial, condominium and land development real estate transactions from beginning to end;
- drafting residential and commercial leases and agreements;
- completion of builder real estate and financing transactions from beginning to end;
- communicating and meeting with clients and other professional representatives via email and telephone;
- contacting land surveyors as required; and municipalities regarding utilities;
- general administrative tasks, including file maintenance, conflict checks, opening and closing files and maintaining an effective bring forward system;
- drafting correspondence, reporting letters to clients and financial institutions, preparing documents such as directions, undertakings and acknowledgements;
- inputting files into Conveyancer;
- following up with agents’ offices for waivers, amendments, etcetera;
- ordering and preparing pay-out statements;
- following up on matters throughout the real estate and land development process; and,
The ideal candidate for this position will have five years commercial real estate and land development experience, as well as residential transaction experience . The candidate is required to have excellent knowledge of Teraview and the requirements of Teraview with respect to title and Conveyancer matters. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
If you are interested please apply by February 24th, 2017 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.