Legal Assistant/Law Clerk opening in the areas of Personal Injury and Health Law
Application Deadline: September 29th, 2017
We have an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant/Law Clerk in the areas of Plaintiff Personal Injury and Health Law.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
Plaintiff Personal Injury:
- Requesting medical records and opinions from various care providers and agencies;
- Obtaining and summarizing medical, rehabilitation, general damage documentation;
- Drafting of various motion materials;
- Preparation of mediation or pre-trial briefs;
- Preparation of final documents; including release and motions;
- Preparation of all accounts/directions;
- Drafting Assignment Court Memos;
- Retaining and liaising with experts;
- Managing client productions and satisfying undertakings;
- Requesting cheques, paying invoices;
- Trial Preparation; and
- Preparation of Cost Outlines.
- General management of files from open to close including primary contact between team and client;
- Scheduling appointments, conference calls, discoveries, etc.;
- Electronic file management as well as paper;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Managing dictation; and
- Maintaining an effective bring forward system.
Previous Caselogistix experience will be a definite asset in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Lerners LLP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you are interested please apply by September 29th, 2017 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.