Legal Assistant/Law Clerk for Insurance Defence Group
Application Deadline: February 16th, 2018
With offices in London and Toronto, Lerners LLP provides a full range of legal services throughout Southwestern Ontario. Lerners is one of Ontario’s largest and most respected full-service law firms. Lerners maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
Lerners has an opening in our London Office for a full-time Legal Assistant/Law Clerk in our Insurance Defence group.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Answering the telephone;
- Scheduling meetings, examinations for discovery, including canvassing dates at the request of opposing counsel;
- File management relating to Defence cases;
- Maintaining an effective Bring Forward system;
- Serving and filing pleadings such as Notice of Intent to Defend, Statement of Defence and Jury Notice;
- Serving Notices of Examination
- Requesting and depositing cheques, paying client related invoices and preparing accounts;
- Opening files/conflict checks/closing files;
- Processing daily mail;
- Paper and electronic filing, scanning documents;
- Submitting electronic and paper documents to the Data Conversion Team (DCT);
- Transcribing dictation;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Assignment Court Memos;
- Preparing Medical Chronologies and summarizing records;
- Preparing Motion materials, Facta and Books of Authority;
- Preparing Cost Outlines;
- Arranging special appointments, discoveries, Independent Medical Evaluation (IME) assessments;
- Assisting with the preparation of closing documents on tort files (ie. Releases, Order Dismissing).
Knowledge of Caselogistix is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position please apply by February 16, 2018 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our London office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 519.672.4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.