Legal Assistant/Law Clerk for Family Law Department
Application Deadline: September 29th, 2017
Due to the expansion of the family law group in our London office there is a need for additional staff resources. Ideally, we are seeking a full-time legal assistant/law clerk with at least 5 years of experience, but will consider applicants with the required legal assistant or law clerk experience only.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- maintain lawyer’s calendar and an excellent “bring forward” system;
- enter lawyer’s dockets;
- answer telephone and emails from clients;
- field and process cold calls;
- conflict searches and opening new files;
- serve and file documents such as Applications, Conference briefs, Answers;
- schedule client appointments, meet with clients to draft financial statements and conference briefs, liaise with other legal and legal support professionals to facilitate client matters;
- draft financial statements, net family property statements and comparisons, pleadings, orders, conference briefs, Divorcemate support calculations, child and spousal support charts, support arrears charts, child access charts;
- preparation of Certificates of Financial Disclosure (obtaining and organizing financial disclosure);
- preparation of draft correspondence with clients, opposing counsel (opposing party) and third parties;
- preparation of all documents for trial and post-trial;
- prepare and satisfy undertakings;
- review and report on files;
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
If you are interested please apply by September 29, 2017 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519-672-4131, regarding accessibility in our London Office.