Legal Assistant/Law Clerk for Commercial and Business Law Department
Application Deadline: May 5th, 2017
We have an opening for an Intermediate/Senior Legal Assistant/Law Clerk working in the Commercial/Business Law area.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- All aspects of corporate matters including Ontario incorporations, co-operative incorporations, organization of corporations, amalgamations, dissolutions, asset purchase/sale transactions; reorganizations, PPSA (Personal Property Securities Act) registrations, annual resolutions and maintenance of minute books;
- Drafting correspondence and reporting letters;
- Communicating with clients and other professionals by phone and email;
- General administrative duties including: file maintenance, requesting conflicts checks, opening and closing files, maintaining a Bring/Forward system, preparing accounts and collection of accounts receivable;
- Working knowledge of Cyberbahn, OREA (Ontario Real Estate Association), and Fast Company.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
If you are interested please apply by May 5th to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.