Legal assistant/law clerk in the area of plaintiff personal injury
Application Deadline: August 17th, 2018
We have an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant/Law Clerk in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
Plaintiff Personal Injury:
- Requesting medical records and opinions from various care providers and agencies;
- Obtaining and summarizing medical, rehabilitation, general damage documentation;
- Drafting of various motion materials;
- Preparation of final documents, including release and motions;
- Preparation of all accounts/directions;
- Drafting Assignment Court Memos;
- Retaining and liaising with experts;
- Managing client productions and satisfying undertakings;
- Requesting cheques, paying invoices;
- Trial Preparation; and
- Preparation of Cost Outlines.
- General management of files from open to close including primary contact between team and client;
- Scheduling appointments, conference calls, discoveries, etc.;
- Electronic file management as well as paper in Data Management Software;
- Drafting correspondence; and
- Maintaining an effective bring forward system.
Knowledge of Primafact is essential for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated resume by Friday, August 17th, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.