Application Deadline: September 21st, 2018
We have an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant in the areas of Health Law and Commercial Litigation.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Organization of our Partner's practice, including the organization of her schedule, appointments, associate tasks, non-billable work and billings
- Coordinating with the departments of associate lawyers who work with the Partner to ensure seamless flow of information and completion of collaborative tasks
- Acting as the primary contact person for the Partners clients
- Responsibility for opening files including conflict checks and closing files;
- Maintaining an effective bring forward system and following up on same
- Drafting correspondence to clients, General Counsel and opposing counsel
- Arranging travel and accommodation
- Preparing and submitting monthly expense reports
- Transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre;
- Milestone Management
- Updating Health Law Partner and transmitting correspondence through the CMPA Portal.
Previous CMPA and Caselogistix experience will be a definite asset in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 21, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.