Legal assistant for health, plaintiff personal injury, insurance defence and commercial litigation law
Application Deadline: September 29th, 2017
We have an opening for a Legal Assistant in the areas of Health Law, Plaintiff Personal Injury, Insurance Defence and Commercial Litigation, including Environmental Law.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- answering the telephone;
- opening and closing files;
- preparing and paying invoices;
- maintaining an effective Bring Forward system and following up on same;
- summarizing records (medical and OHIP);
- file maintenance in Data Management System (DMS), Primafact and Caselogistix;
- updating client database and transmitting correspondence through client’s portal;
- drafting correspondence;
- compiling, serving and filing motion records;
- maintaining time dockets;
- communicating with clients and the courts;
- scanning documentation;
- transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre.
Knowledge of Primafact and Caselogistix is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Lerners LLP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you are interested please apply by September 29th, 2017 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.