Legal assistant for health law, insurance, personal injury and commercial litigation partner
Application Deadline: February 16th, 2018
With offices in London and Toronto, Lerners LLP provides a full range of legal services throughout Southwestern Ontario. Lerners is one of Ontario’s largest and most respected full-service law firms. Lerners maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
Lerners has an opening in our London office for a full-time Legal Assistant to assist a Partner in all areas of his practice including, Health Law, Insurance and Personal Injury and Commercial Litigation.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Transcribe dictation and transcription, proof reading and circulating correspondence and memos;
- Answer the telephone;
- Schedule meetings and teleconference calls;
- Maintain lawyer’s calendar;
- Arrange travel and accommodation;
- Maintain an effective bring forward system and following up on same;
- Request conflict checks, opening and closing of files;
- File maintenance, scanning documents into Data Management System and Primafact, filing paper copies in file banks;
- Draft general correspondence;
- Update briefs;
- Handle and file daily mail and faxes, electronically and paper;
- Enter dockets;
- Prepare month end accounts;
- Abide by the billing Guidelines of LawPro and insurance companies;
- Prepare Settlement Directions, Assessable & Non Assessable disbursement list;
- Pay external invoices, requesting cheques;
- Prepare third party disbursement invoices;
- Submit for payment lawyer’s monthly visa and other accounts.
- Proper naming convention of documents being sent to the client;
- Milestone management;
- Enter Fee Estimates;
- Fee forecast;
- Enter and maintain checklists.
Previous Caselogistix experience will be a definite asset in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a fast-paced team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The role requires time management, organization skills and attention detail. You will have excellent communication skills (grammar, oral and written), the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this position please apply by February 16, 2018 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our London office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 519.672.4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.