Legal Assistant for Business Law Group
Application Deadline: May 18th, 2018
Lerners, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For over eighty years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
We have an opening for a Junior to Intermediate Legal Assistant in our Business Law Group.
The successful candidate will assist two associate lawyers with their corporate, estate planning and commercial real estate work as well as assist some of the Business Law Clerks with their tasks such as, completing annual corporate minutes/resolutions.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- All aspects of corporate matters including Ontario incorporations, co-operative incorporations, organization of new corporations, amalgamations, dissolutions, asset purchase/sale transactions and reorganizations;
- Preparing PPSA registrations, annual minute resolutions and maintaining of minute books;
- Drafting correspondence and reporting letters;
- Communicating with clients and other professionals by phone and email;
- General administrative duties including: file maintenance, requesting conflicts checks, opening and closing files;
- Maintaining a Bring Forward system;
- Preparing accounts and collection of accounts receivable;
- Working knowledge of Cyberbahn, OREA, and Fast Company;
- Working knowledge of litigation procedures (Superior Court, Ontario Human Rights Tribunal);
- Assisting with litigation files;
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
If you are interested in this position please apply by May 18, 2018 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our London office, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519.672.4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.