Legal Assistant in the areas of Health Law and Commercial Litigation
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2018
The London office of Lerners LLP has an opening for a Legal Assistant in the areas of Health Law and Commercial Litigation.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- answering the telephone;
- drafting correspondence;
- communicating with clients and the courts;
- compiling, serving and filing motion records and other court documents;
- maintaining an effective bring forward system and following up on same;
- preparing and paying invoices;
- opening and closing files;
- file maintenance in Data Management System and Caselogistix;
- maintaining time dockets;
- scanning documentation;
- transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre;
- updating Health Law Partner (HLP) database and transmitting correspondence through CMPA (Canadian Medical Protective Association) Portal;
- entering CMPA Fee Estimates in HLP.
Knowledge of Caselogistix is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience working in a legal environment and must have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a fast-paced team, with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The role requires strong time management, organization skills and attention to detail. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume to email@example.com by May 31, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding accessibility in our London office.