Application Deadline: September 27th, 2018
We have an opening for a Legal Assistant in the areas of Health Law, Class Actions, Insurance Law and Commercial Litigation, including Environmental Law.
The individual in this position will assist on their lawyer's own files, as well as on files they are working on, as required.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Answering the telephone;
- Opening and closing files;
- Preparing and paying invoices;
- maintaining an effective bring forward system and following up on same;
- Summarizing records (medical and OHIP);
- File maintenance in DMS, Primafact and Caselogistix;
- Updating Health Law Partner and transmitting correspondence through CMPA Portal;
- Entering CMPA Fee Estimates in Health Law Partner;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Compiling, serving and filing motion records;
- Maintaining time dockets;
- Communicating with clients and the courts;
- Scanning documentation;
- Transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre.
- Knowledge of Primafact and Caselogistix is a definite asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in this position, please provide me with an updated cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.