Law Clerk/Legal Assistant in the area of insurance defence
Application Deadline: October 12th, 2018
We have an opening in our London office for a full-time Law Clerk/Legal Assistant in the area of Insurance Defence.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Drafting correspondence to insurance companies, insureds and third parties;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Completing billings;
- Setting up discoveries;
- Filing, including scanning/coding documents into electronic format;
- Serving/filing Pleadings; Motion Records and arranging special appointments where necessary;
- Preparing and Affidavits of Documents;
- Setting up IME appointments, mediations and surveillance;
- Serving/filing Pre-Trial Memos, Mediation memos;
- Maintaining an effective bring forward system;
- Assisting with Trial preparation;
- Briefing and indexing.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment. Applicants should have at least three years of litigation experience. Knowledge of Caselogistix would be a definite asset in this position.
If you are interested in this position, please forward an updated cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.