Application Deadline: September 21st, 2018
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Law Clerk in Health Law. The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintain effective bring forward and follow-up system, including tracking milestone reporting;
- Update Health Law Partner
- Draft reporting letters to General Counsel/CMPA;
- Communicate with plaintiff and co-defendant counsel to obtain productions;
- Index records in CaseLogistix;
- Review and summarize records;
- Manage productions and medical records in CaseLogistix;
- Draft affidavits of documents;
- Identify and retain experts;
- Draft correspondence to and schedule meetings with experts and prepare materials for their review;
- Review discovery transcripts and follow up for undertakings;
- Satisfy client undertakings;
- All aspects of Trial and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Hearing preparation;
- Draft all closing documents including pleadings, releases, litigation summaries, heads of damages, final letters to General Counsel/CMPA and defendant physicians;
- Assist with CMPA Fee Estimates;
- Arrange independent medical evaluations/assessments; and
- Arrange surveillance.
Strong working knowledge of CaseLogistix and CMPA procedures and milestones is preferred for this position.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of law clerk experience and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, with an emphasis on delivering a high level of professional service to client physicians and experts.
The role requires strong time management, organization skills and attention to detail, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.