Law Clerk for Health Law and Insurance Defence practice
Application Deadline: August 17th, 2018
The London Office has an immediate opening for a full-time Law Clerk in the areas of Health Law and Insurance Defence. The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Initial letters to physicians and follow up for narrative and records and other requested information;
- Draft pleadings, motions, affidavits of documents, status reports;
- Reviewing; summarizing and indexing records;
- Maintain communications and updates with defendant physicians including scheduling meetings;
- Regular reporting to General Counsel (GC)/Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA);
- Communications with plaintiff and co-defendant counsel to obtain appropriate productions;
- Scheduling and preparation for Examinations for Discovery;
- Management of productions and medicals in Caselogistix;
- Summarizing medicals into a medical chronology;
- Analyzing and summarizing other productions;
- Identify appropriate experts, retain and communicate with experts;
- Review of discovery transcripts and follow up for undertakings;
- All aspects of trial preparation, including Pre-Trial, Trial, Pre-Hearing and Hearing preparation;
- Management of electronic trials;
- Maintain entries in Health Law Partner;
- Milestone Management;
- Drafting all closing documents including pleadings, releases, case summaries, heads of damages, final letters to GC/CMPA and defendant physicians;
- Assist with quarterly Fee Estimates;
- Productions requests and follow-up;
- Serving and filing pleadings such as Notice of Intent to Defend;
- Arranging special appointments, discoveries, Independent Medical Evaluation assessments;
- Preparing settlement documentation;
- Setting up surveillance;
- File maintenance;
- Maintain an effective bring forward system and follow-up on same.
Strong working knowledge of Caselogistix is a requirement for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of law clerk experience and must have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a fast-paced team, with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The role requires strong time management, organization skills and attention to detail as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.
If you are interested in this position, please provide an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 17, 2018.