Intermediate Family Law Clerk
Application Deadline: June 30th, 2018
The London office of Lerners LLP has an opening for a full-time Intermediate Family Law Clerk, assisting the lawyers in the Family Law Group. The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Meet with clients to sign various legal documents; draft and finalize Financial Statements with supporting documentation;
- Prepare Net Family Property Statements and Comparisons of Net Family Property Statements;
- Draft Affidavits in Support of Claim for Custody or Access;
- Calculate/Review financial information (tracking money, review tax returns and bank statements);
- Calculate support (child, special or extraordinary expenses, spousal);
- Organize and track client disclosure;
- Draft Trial Scheduling Endorsement Forms; draft Case Conference and Settlement Conference Briefs; draft Mediation Briefs;
- Compile trial records, Books of Authorities; compile evidence and prepare exhibits; prepare trial notes, trial book; summonses to witness, contact witnesses;
- Prepare Bills of Costs;
- Compiling and updating Continuing Records and Endorsement Records;
- Draft correspondence;
- File organization, electronic and paper filing;
- Conflict searches, opening new client files;
- Serving and filing documents.
The successful candidate for this position will have experience working with DivorceMate and using a paperless practice. The candidate will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and will enjoy working in a team environment.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume to email@example.com by June 30, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding accessibility in our London office.