Health Law Legal Assistant/Law Clerk
Application Deadline: October 12th, 2018
The London office has an opening for a full-time Health Law Legal Assistant/Law Clerk.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Schedule meetings and phone calls with clients and experts;
- Schedule examinations for discovery and mediations;
- Draft all closing documents including, releases, litigation summaries, heads of damages, final letters to General Counsel/CMPA and defendant physicians;
- Draft Notices of Intend to Defend, Affidavits of Documents and Discovery Plans;
- Organize medical records to be sent to the Document Conversion Team;
- Request productions from Caselogistix to be sent to General Counsel and experts;
- Draft general correspondence;
- Prepare medical chronologies;
- Maintain bring forward system;
Previous CMPA and Caselogistix experience will be a definite asset in this position.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing email@example.com, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.