Legal Assistant in the areas of Health Law and Insurance Defence
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2018
The London office of Lerners LLP has an opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant in the areas of Health Law and Insurance Defence.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- answering the telephone;
- requesting conflict checks, opening and closing files;
- preparing and paying invoices;
- handling daily mail;
- updating briefs;
- maintaining an effective bring forward system and following up on same;
- paying external invoices and prepare third party disbursements;
- arranging meetings or teleconference calls;
- file maintenance and scanning into DMS (Data Management System) and file banks;
- scheduling examinations for discovery, mediations and client appointments;
- arranging travel and accommodation;
- communicating with clients and the courts by phone and email;
- transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence support centre;
- draft initial letters to physicians and follow up for narrative and records and other requested information;
- maintaining communication and updates with defendant physicians including scheduling meetings;
- regular reporting to our client;
- entering CMPA (Canadian Medical Protective Association) Fee Estimates into Health Law Partner database;
- request productions from the CLX (Caselogistix) to be sent to General Counsel and experts.
Previous Caselogistix experience will be a definite asset in this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience working in a legal environment and must have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a fast-paced team, with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The role requires strong time management, organization skills and attention to detail. You will have excellent communication skills (grammar, oral and written) and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your updated resume to email@example.com by May 31, 2018.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding accessibility in our London office.