Executive Director of Human Resources
Application Deadline: August 24th, 2017
For over 85 years, our London office has provided a full range of legal services throughout Southwestern Ontario. The Toronto office offers a wide range of litigation services at all levels of the judicial system. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
The Executive Director of Human Resources plans, develops, implements and manages all human resources (HR) programs and policies necessary to support the growth and profitability of the firm, as well as providing a positive and respectful work environment that meets all legislative requirements and encourages productivity, teamwork, employee engagement and personal development.
The Executive Director of Human Resources reports to the Chief Operating Officer in the London Office and works in close partnership with the Toronto Office Executive Director of Human Resources.
- Manages recruitment function including job postings, screening and interviewing
- Manages firm benefit, wellness, leaves of absence and disability management plans for employees and lawyers; liaises with service providers as required; assists in resolving benefit issues
- Provides guidance to staff on HR and firm policies and other staff matters
- Resolves employee relation issues
- Establishes human resources policies and practices and updates policies as required
- Manages the staff performance and development management process
- Maintains all employee information systems and position descriptions
- Conducts comprehensive needs analysis, research and presents recommendations and options on HR related matters
- Works closely with and assists the Human Resources team on a daily basis in the administration of HR matters and on-going projects and new initiatives
Billing and Finance
- Monitors and reports on staff docketing levels
- Reviews and approves invoices for areas of responsibility
- Responsible for preparation and management of budgets for assigned areas, including annual staff compensation budget
Professional Services Management
- Ensures all regulatory requirements are met
- Coordinates and attends meetings such as, partnership meetings, executive committee and practice group meetings
- Ensures health and safety requirements are met; oversees the health and safety program, certified member of the firm’s health and safety team
- Establishes occupational health and safety policies and updates policies as required
Office Operations and Administration
- Ensures a high level of organizational efficiency. Makes recommendations for improvements where required
- Oversees administrative and legal staff, monitors and manages workloads, manages issues
- Manages internal staff communications
- Keeps Executive Committee informed of operational and staff relation concerns. Makes recommendations for resolution
- University degree or equivalent in Human Resources, including Certified Human Resources Leader designation
- 15 years of progressive professional services and Human Resources experience, preferably in a legal service environment
- Experience with Group RRSP’s, varied types of benefits plans and an understanding of insurance underwriting will be an asset
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/projects effectively at the same time
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage change in work processes
- Proven superior leadership and change management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to nurture and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Solid understanding of employment related legislation and health and safety requirements
- Familiarity with Law Society of Upper Canada rules an asset
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Lerners LLP is an equal opportunity law firm. We welcome applications from candidates representing the diversity of the legal profession and community.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations by Thursday, August 24, 2017 to:
Executive Director of Human Resources
80 Dufferin Avenue
P.O. Box 2335
London ON N6A 4G4
Please specify “Director of HR” in subject line.
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London office.