Entry Level Systems Technician
Application Deadline: May 26th, 2017
We have an opportunity for an Entry Level - Systems Technician in our London Office.
The Systems Technician is responsible for supporting and maintaining all network printers, along with assisting with supporting desktop hardware. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. This technician will also be responsible for burning and encrypting CDs, DVDs and USBs, and will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion. The Systems Technician will work closely with other Systems Technicians and the Help Desk support.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, network printers, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products;
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails from the helpdesk regarding printer or PC hardware problems;
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex printer and PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed;
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal;
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring printer and desktop operations;
- Recommend, schedule, and perform printer and PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs;
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Technical working knowledge of networks, printers and PC hardware. This includes Windows 7 & 10 professional and Microsoft Office 2010 & 2016.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers, printers and peripherals.
The Systems Technician reports to the Director of Information Services.
If you are interested please apply by May 26th, 2017
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 519-672-4131 regarding accessibility in our London Office.