Application Deadline: December 8th, 2017
With offices in London and Toronto, Lerners LLP provides a full range of legal services throughout Southwestern Ontario. Lerners is one of Ontario’s largest and most respected full-service law firms. Lerners maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
Lerners has an opening for a full-time Collections Clerk. The Collections Clerk will report to the Collections Manager and will be responsible for the collection of past due accounts through telephone, letters and legal means.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Routine courtesy telephone calls to clients to ensure receipt of invoice and obtain payment commitment;
- Determine reasons for non-payment and ability to pay;
- Work with clients to establish payment options and other arrangements within defined parameters and recommend negotiated payment terms to Collections Manager for approval;
- Maintain an effective bring forward system to ensure clients follow through on payment arrangements;
- Provide professional, courteous advice/service for clients in difficult financial situations;
- Report billing and collection issues to Collections Manager;
- Document all client contact and follow-up as necessary;
- Investigate and resolve account discrepancies;
- Liaise with appropriate staff to expedite the resolution of client issues and concerns;
- Respond to client concerns and issues in a timely and professional manner;
- Take credit card payments over the phone with respect to accounts and retainers and submit to accounting for processing;
- Receive post-dated cheques, maintain a log and ensure cheques are processed on the due date;
- Conduct skip tracing techniques to locate debtors whereabouts;
- Recommend write-off’s to collections manager on uncollectible files;
- Assist with the monthly Statement of Account process. Mail out monthly statements as directed by Collections Manager and Senior Collections Assistant;
- Assist with the updating of the firm’s “Do Not Act For List”;
- Process changes to client name, address or contact information;
- Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have previous collections experience with a keen understanding of collections techniques, will be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal and written skills and will have the ability to work effectively in a high volume work environment.
If you are interested in this position please apply by December 8th, 2017
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our London office, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519.672.4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.