Business Development Coordinator
Application Deadline: December 22nd, 2017
With offices in London and Toronto, Lerners LLP provides a full range of legal services throughout Southwestern Ontario. Lerners is one of Ontario’s largest and most respected full-service law firms. Lerners maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
Lerners has an opening for a full-time Business Development Coordinator in our London Office
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Work with the Business Development Manager, lawyers and practice groups to assist with implementing strategic business plans for practice groups. This will include the coordination of individual business development initiatives for individual lawyers in various practice groups;
- Create and maintain regular reports on business development activities and provide regular status updates to the Business Development Manager;
- Maintain all market research systems which includes the firm’s CRM, this will include inputting all contact/client data into the system and ensuring that information and target lists are kept up to date;
- Coordinate the implementation of tactical activities driven by annual firm and practice group business plans, this includes events, sponsorships/conferences, seminar/webinars and directory listings;
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of practice group/sector marketing material;
- Work with Lawyers and Business Development Manager on content creation strategies and the execution of these strategies;
- Provide support at firm related conferences and trade shows and from time to time, attend events outside of normal working hours;
- Coordinate the regular business development meetings with lawyers, practice groups and sub-groups, this will include the scheduling of meetings and the tracking and monitoring of action items;
- Assist with regular communication and information sharing by accessing data through deal tracking, new matter reports, insights on industry trends and client relationship guides.
- Coordinate firm marketing activities such as events, mailers and sponsorship;
- Help facilitate strategic relationships within both the London and Owen Sound offices, this will include supporting the creation and execution of partnerships and fundraising through specific foundations;
- Act as a brand ambassador for the firm in both the London and Owen Sound offices, this will also require the need for travel to the Owen Sound office;
- Coordinate and assist with developing responses to RFP’s and new business proposals;
- Perform market research for specific practice areas;
- Other duties as identified and assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree, major in Business or Marketing, preference will be given to candidates with legal industry experience;
- 2-5 years of experience working in a Business Development/Marketing department;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the firm;
- Possess the appropriate level of knowledge and experience in the use of technology and social media;
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships, and take direction and constructive feedback in a positive manner;
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills required to meet deadlines;
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure all ideas and concepts are clearly communicated to an audience;
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented with the ability to develop strong working relationships;
- Experience working with lawyers and other similar types of professionals to develop achievable goals and processes;
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and can demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- Commitment to confidentiality, privacy and ethics.
If you are interested in this position please apply by December 22, 2017 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our London office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 519.672.4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.