Application Support Analyst - One Year Contract
Application Deadline: May 18th, 2018
Lerners, one of Ontario's leading law firms, is dedicated to providing all of our clients — be they individuals, businesses, institutions or corporations — with exceptional legal counsel. For over eighty years, Lerners has provided a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners LLP maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology.
We have an opening for Application Support Analyst – One Year Contract
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for the maintenance and support of all applications and data used throughout the firm. This includes ensuring that our applications are current with the latest upgrades and patches, and that they are configured optimally for one environment. Sharing knowledge and providing input with the rest of the team in both offices is essential for success in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot software problems;
- Provide end-user technical support as needed;
- Assist in all project planning phases, including the evaluation, installation, configuration and deployment of new applications and upgrades;
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a hardware/software support position;
- Thorough understanding, proficiency and experience in supporting the Microsoft Office Suite and document production;
- Document management system experience, preferably with Interwoven;
- Prior experience working in a law firm or other professional services organization would be a definite asset.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency with Windows desktop and server operating systems;
- Knowledge of legal applications and services;
- Experience performing small and large software implementation projects;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with lawyers and staff in an effective, non-technical manner;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions and provide timely status and updates to the Director of IT;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies and skills;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Good customer service orientation.
- On occasion, you may be required to work more than the minimum number of hours;
- Travel may be required from time to time to the Toronto office and for training or conferences.
The Systems Technician reports to the Director of Information Services.
If you are interested in this position please apply by May 18, 2018 to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lerners LLP is a barrier-free workplace. Additional accommodations are available to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at our London office, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by phone at 519.672.4131.
Lerners LLP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace and encourages participation from all qualified applicants without discrimination.