Accident Benefits Clerk
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2017
We have an opportunity for a full time Accident Benefits Clerk.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- maintain Statutory Accident Benefit files and special damages lists for each client;
- meet with clients to obtain status updates and complete application forms for accident benefits (i.e. OCF-1, OCF-2, OCF-3);
- request documentation from various care providers;
- prepare Licence Appeals Tribunal (LAT) Applications;
- file review;
- draft correspondence;
- trial preparation;
- correspond with OHIP for subrogated claims;
- communicate regularly via fax/phone/e-mail with employers, clients (and their family members), AB adjusters, and our clients’ treatment providers;
- arrange/co-ordinate treatment for clients (ie. physio, occupational therapist, psychology, speech-language pathologist, etc.);
- attend client meetings/team meetings;
- maintain/update accident benefit (AB) status chart (internal chart used for tracking OCF-18s, expenses, etc.);
- submit clients’ expenses to their insurance company and follow-up regarding same;
- prepare and file Applications for Mediation/Arbitration with the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) when disputes over benefits/treatment arise with the insurance company;
- assist lawyers with settlement discussions and Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT) mediations;
- pay incoming invoices related to accident benefits;
- maintain an effective Bring Forward system;
Experience in Primafact and Caselogistix will be an asset for this position.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team with an emphasis on delivering excellent service to our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to multi-task.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Lerners LLP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you are interested in this position please apply by October 31, 2017.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2335
London, ON N6A 4G4
All applications are appreciated and will be retained for six months. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the process please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding accessibility in our London Office.