Every business initiative is a unique combination of challenges, opportunities, motivations and definitions of success. What will it take to complete the deal? Who are the key influencers? What is fair? What is realistic?
Regulatory requirements and governance issues are increasingly complex and multi-layered. Jurisdictional differences can be confusing. Compliance can be a moving target. Terms for secure and sustainable financing must be unambiguous. The potential for lost opportunity from failing to act appropriately has never been greater.
Our experienced business lawyers work closely with public and private companies and their advisors to help fully realize business opportunities. We enjoy long-term client relationships because we have proven ourselves as trusted business advisors.
The following is a sampling of transactions we have completed for our clients.
- Counsel to Southwestern Ontario based public utility in $75 million financing for capital improvements;
- Acted for seller of a chain of optical retail stores;
- Acted for purchaser of Southwestern Ontario automobile dealership;
- Counsel to purchaser of a significant regional grain processing and crop input business;
- Completed sale of North American publishing company to American corporation;
- Acted for RM Auctions in the sale of 25% of the company to Sotheby’s;
- Counsel to a radio broadcasting company in the acquisition of various radio broadcasting businesses;
- Acted for purchaser of two mobile home parks;
- Acted for a family in a transaction that separated related construction and aggregates businesses having a value of $8 million;
- Counsel to the vendor in the sale of a long-established family trucking business located in Southwestern Ontario;
- Acted for a local municipality for the negotiation of municipal agreements relating to a large Wind Energy project in Southwestern Ontario;
- Completed $35 million financing for 144 unit student apartment residence;
- Completed reorganization of automobile dealership that resulted in buy-out of a minority shareholder and introduction of new minority shareholder;
- Acted for purchaser of a closed elementary school that will be replaced with a condominium development;
- Completed FIT 4 applications for renewable energy projects;
- Counsel to Environics Analytics in the purchase of a significant demographic data business;
- Counsel to purchaser in the acquisition of a Metropolitan Toronto specialty dental practice;
- Counsel to employer in nation-wide mass termination;
- Acted for one of the principal shareholders in the reorganization of a digital media company;
- Acted for the Declarant in one of Ontario’s first town home based vacant land condominiums;
- Completed independent workplace investigation on behalf of University;
- Counsel to a local municipality in the construction of new Municipal Offices and Public Library;
- Completed corporate restructuring and amalgamation of multi-jurisdictional corporations;
- Acted for the borrower in a restructuring of syndicated credit facilities where the lenders consisted of four banks and an insurance company;
- Counsel to Southwestern Ontario automobile dealership against certification of union;
- Completed multiple transactions involving retirement and specialized care homes;
- Counsel to vendor of telecommunications corporation;
- Acted for Canadian technology company as recipient of equity investment by European private equity fund and Canadian public company; and
- Completed ownership restructuring for private family owned manufacturing company;
- Acted for a Charitable Trust in acquisition of insignia forming part of the Canadian Honours System on permanent loan from the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General of Canada.